You are number

Friday, May 27, 2011

When you know something, you share it

"Gym will be closed this Sunday. Sorry for the inconvenience."

A customer came in and asked nicely,

Eh nak tanyalah, betul ke lepas the word "be", kena closed as in ada D kat belakang the word? Bkn ke "will be" tu mksdnya belum berlaku lagi/future?

I replied with all confidence that I have bcs I know all about grammar hikhik *bajet ckp besar pulak kat sini pdhal jwb td mcm gagap jgk fikir example nak bagi* and explained,

Eh betul dah tu, closed. Sbb err errr. Ala mcmana nak cakap eh. Haaa kan kita ada 3 tense *semangat ni, siap guna jari tunjuk satu demi satu* present tense, past tense and past participle. For example, write. Past tense is wrote. Past participle is written. So kalau nak dijadikan ayat "this will be written by bla bla bla". Kita kena guna past participle, bkn past tense.

Haa lebih kurg mcmtu lah aku jawab. But this guy who asked, was not someone I like to entertain kat situ. But well, kerja aku ala-ala PR kan, semua orang lah kena layan. Then he replied with,

Ohh haah kan. Betul laa, betul laa.

And walked away to the toilet with a smile. Which is good, I have taught someone what I know. That feels good, to both of us.

So that basically increased my self-esteem up to an upper level. It's so amazing to have this little knowledge and the power to explain of what is right and what is wrong.

I know, it is just a simple grammar, but not all can explain it the way I did.

P/S: This story has obviously been summarised into a shorter version. The conversation was not as short as it is told.

No comments:

Post a Comment