You are number

Monday, May 23, 2011

Biggest joke as of 22nd May 2011

On another note, manager was joking and asked me, why people wish happy birthday in Malay as, Selamat Hari Jadi? Bkn kau tu "jadi" 9 months before you were borned ke? Sepatutnya wish selamat hari lahir

Then I was clueless. I was trying to convey that it makes sense and sounds better if we say selamat hari jadi instead of selamat hari lahir. Then he said, no no, he disagreed and said kan dlm Bahasa Inggeris dorg ckp "happy birthday" so kenalah ckp selamat hari lahir. He was trying to direct translate.

Then I asked, kenapa tak jadi GEMBIRA HARI LAHIR JE? Selamat dlm Bahasa Inggeris HAPPY eh? T_T

We all laughed like mad and he self-proclaimed that he is the Raja Lawak. 

Decided to make another post for this, because I think it's worth another post. Heh

No comments:

Post a Comment